Thursday, April 2, 2015

Friends

Friends. It's something we crave when we're younger, we try to get as many people to like us because we think that's all that matters. We will even go as far as to change into someone totally different in order to keep these friends in our lives. But as we grow older we realize that it's not the number of friends that we have that matter, it's who those friends are. It's how true and real those friends are to us that mean the most. 

This is something I've realized over the years. 

You know it's funny how much these things change as the years go by. And how different a relationship gets as you get older too. Back in 2005/2006  I became friends with three amazing young woman. Life was wonderful when we were young and reckless, we didn't have a care in the world. After some time circumstances drifted us apart but we tried to stay as close as possible. But it was difficult. Eventually things tore us apart and our friendship ended, on more than one account. I'm happy to say that after a 2 years span we've finally started talking again and as we are older and more mature we feel this time we can make it work. 

That's what I mean by age changing the relationship between friends. When we were younger we were too immature and stubborn to actually focus on our relationship and instead cared more about ourselves as a single person in a group rather than consider ourselves a person part of a group as a whole. But now that we're older we know what matters isn't just ourselves but each other and how we make each other feel. 

Another thing I've realized as I got older is that friends aren't just found in people in your region, friends can be found all over the world. When I was a teen I would do a lot of online RP for fantasy worlds based on books I liked and talk to people from groups I was interested in. I made friends with people who liked Harry Potter like I did. But over time I felt embarrassed that I had "online friends" and nobody understood how important they were to me and I stopped talking to them. Now I've realized it doesn't matter what other people think. 

I have a group of friends who I met because of TAYLOR Swift. I met them on tumblr and we connected because of our love of tay. Now we are all part of a chat group on an app called whatsapp and we keep in contact not just talking about tay but about our lives in general. They were there for me the whole time I was going through my miscarriage. I feel no shame in saying they mean a lot to me, I love them. They are beautiful and wonderful people. One of them actually lives an hour away from me and is going to the same 1989 tour as me! We will finally get to meet than ❤️ the others live across the world, in Ireland/England/Argentina. 

I know how careful people need to be with talking to people online. I wouldn't have joined this chat if I wasn't sure of these people. We share pics and videos and voice memos with each other every day. I trust these people 100%!

Friends are friends regardless if you've met them in person or just talked online and they should be valued and respected. I hope I've learned enough over the years that I will be capable of keeping these relationships I've built recently. I want to be a good friend, a better friend than I was in the past. I really do. 

Until next time
Nessie <3 









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home